This page provides important information to speakers/presenters. If you are not a speaker or presenter at the Conference, the below information does not apply to you and you do not need to submit the forms.
Thank you for your participation in the 2021 Annual Education Conference of the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors, September 29 to October 2, 2021.
To meet the accreditation requirements all presenters are required to submit some information to the organizers. General information is provided below, however different types of sessions have different requirements – please ensure you review the communications that are sent to you by email from the conference organizing staff.
Documents Required Prior to Conference
All presenters in non-commercial sessions are required to submit the following documents at your earliest opportunity:
- Conflict of Interest Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3K8KRKW
- Speaker Information Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/39CLWNX
Biography & Photo
Your biography will be included on the website, and is also required for the Accreditation application. Please email your biography as a Word document to the Speaker Coordinator. As a guideline, typically the biographies submitted by presenters are approximately 1-2 paragraphs in length. Please also send a headshot photo for the website and program.
All speakers must submit the learning objectives of their session. These will be included on the website and are required for the CEU applications. If you are a speaker in a session with more than one presenter, please confer with the Chair of your session to clarify the general objectives for the session, and submit the learning objectives for your specific presentation. Please submit learning objectives in compliance with the following guidelines from NSGC, which has specific requirements for approval of CEUs:
- List each objective in learner-oriented, measurable terms that consist of ONE action or outcome. The verb “understand” is not measurable.
- At least one learning objective is required for every 30 minutes of educational content AND at least one learning objective is required for each speaker. An exception can be made for panel discussions, where the number of objectives will be based on the length of the panel session and not on the number of panelists. For example:
- For a 45-minute educational session with one speaker, two objectives are required.
- For a 30-minute educational session with two speakers, two objectives are required.
- For a 30-minute panel discussion with five panelists, one objective is required.
Acceptable Verbs for Writing Objectives
The following is a list of suggested verbs which may be used in the development of our objectives. The 2001 revision of Bloom’s Taxonomy classifies measurable verbs into hierarchical levels, as shown below. This list is not meant to be all inclusive and limiting. Used properly, these behavioral verbs will be found acceptable.
Please submit a short description of the topic of your presentation in paragraph format. This will be included on the website to provide information to participants about your presentation.
All speakers are asked to register for the conference.
We would like to assist in making your presentation run as smoothly as possible. Please contact the Speaker Coordinator at any time if you require information or assistance, and check this website for updated program information.
Thank you again for agreeing to participate in the Annual Education Conference of the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors. Your involvement will contribute in making this meeting a success.